#4 Product Sampling
Product Sampling & Sales @ the LCBO (Nov/11-Present)
Tigris Personnel was contracted by Churchill Cellars to hire temporary sales staff to sample a variety of their brands at 25 LCBO locations in 2 months. These wines included Peninsula Ridge Chardonnary & Merlot, Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay & Southern Hills Merlot, as well as Tini Sangiovese Di Romagna Doc & Bertani Collection Soave Wines.
Tigris deliverables include:
- recruit, train & schedule a team of 8 female TSS in GTA & SWO (all required to be Smart Serve Certified)
- collect product knowledge from the client to create a training package for the team
- coordinate an onsite training to review the product knowledge and sample the wine
- purchase LCBO approved sampling materials and distribute required materials to the TSS on the team
- pre-call inventory checks
- collect tasting reports, inventory and photos for each event to forward to the client
- distribute timely payment to the staff
Objectives: recruit a team of TSS who are attractive, friendly & most importantly, professional to engage LCBO customers and entice them to sample Churchill Cellars’ wines, and buy them before leaving the LCBO. The look and level of product knowledge were important to the client in addition to proven sales abilities.
RESULTS: sales ranged from 10-24+ bottles per shift. The client has been extremely thankful and said our staff as well as our reporting is the VERY BEST she has ever seen.