Are you utilizing the best business marketing?
We invest our time and money into so many things like cars, trips, dinners and hobbies; but how much have you thought about investing in yourself? A well known author, speaker & certified trainer is known to say and I quote, “investing in yourself is the best investment you can ever make” and I absolutely agree.
This past Tues., May 14 I learned how to achieve the best business marketing skills with Tigris Personnel’s National Account Manager, Kristen Simpson-Fry at an innovative and informative internet marketing course – thanks to two free tickets from Tigris’ national account director.
The company running the course is Canada’s leading training company in digital marketing training, social media training and public speaking training. They are a knowledge transfer company that works with sales and marketing executives to build and manage their own successful strategies so they can keep the business intelligence in-house, without having a third party involved. With over 30+ thousand trained business owners, CEO’s,digital strategists and marketing experts, this prestigious company is considered an expert in the industry.
This seminar introduced the best business marketing formula for success which addressed website traffic flow, hypnotic copy writing, master list building, influential conversion and Profit Mindset Secrets. I learned that we shouldn’t be asking if we are doing these things, instead ask how well are we doing them. This course made me look at the BIG picture and that working hard isn’t the same as working smart and definitely not as productive.
Realize that your best business marketing tool is YOU
Realizing that you are your best business marketing tool is the first step to obtaining success. It’s one thing to have the most efficient software and programs for your business but it is another thing to understand them. The millionaire marketer seminar delivers a glimpse of the possibilities of your business marketing potential. Aside from offering highly guarded information, it truly revolutionizes your actions, collectively guaranteeing success.
This seminar was both informative and engaging. My colleague and I were literally on the edge of our seats the entire day. We were never bored, intrigued by everything we were absorbing. Walking out of the course, I can truly say I would rather be a learn it all – than a know it all – and now, more than every before, I recognize the personal value I can contribute to my career – since my own best marketing tool is ME!
To inquire about Tigris Personnel’s best business marketing services, events and more, call us at 416-283-9119.
Summer is just around the Corner – Don’t Wait to Plan your Outdoor Event
Some of the best events take place in the warmer weather. Make yours one of them!
Are you thinking about planning an outdoor event in the coming summer months? Here is some food for thought. Working outdoors means working with unpredictable elements. You want to make sure you’re 110% prepared or you could pay a big price.
Top Ten Tips on Planning an Outdoor Event
1: Consider the OPTIONS: what kind of event are you aiming to plan? The summer opens up tons of possibilities from golf tournaments and barbeques to outdoor sampling, concerts and special events. A personal function is clearly different than a corporate event – but the logistics of an outdoor event are largely the same. Just make sure you determine what your guests or consumers would appreciate – and go from there.
2: Choose a Suitable VENUE: for obvious reasons, venue is a huge part of planning an event, outdoors or otherwise. If you’re thinking of a public park, make sure you have adequate permission. Many government run parks have a special set of guidelines you need to follow – for example, the event can only be not-for-profit and open to the public. If this is not what you want for your event, you will need to consider a privately run facility or a federally run park vs. a provincial or city park.
3: Plan on various ELEMENTS: yes, plan for rain! While we all hope for sunshine, there is a 50/50 chance (or higher) that the rain could spoil your day. How can you combat this? One of the best solutions for an outdoor event, depending on the type of event, could be tenting. Some companies require alot of time to get tents up but others are portable and can be set up in a flash. Again, this depends on the size of your event but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. You can also buy weather insurance just in case you need to cancel your event due to a crazy thunderstorm that wouldn’t be safe for guests to attend anymore.
4: Have SUPPLIES Available: whether rain or shine, you want to make sure you have adequate supplies for your guests. On a hot sunny day, complimentary cold water, sunscreen and even hats would be greatly appreciated by your guests. On a rainy day, you could bring some rain ponchos and umbrellas on hand. If you have an evening event, mosquito repellant and citronella candles would be a blessing. An epi-pen may not be a bad idea to keep on hand in case anyone has a bee allergy as well. Additionally, ensure you have a first aid kit available. You never know when you may need a band-aid. An outdoor event can be full of surprises
5: Choose your FOOD Carefully: summer temperatures can be unpredictable sometimes. You need to make sure you keep meats cool until they are ready to be cooked and no food should be left out in the hot sun for any extended period of time. There would be nothing worse than food poisoning your guests! If you’re using a caterer, ask them what they do to make sure the food temperatures are regulated before and during the event.
6: Don’t Forget about LIGHTING: during a daytime event, you won’t have to worry about this but as day turns into dusk, you will need to consider lighting options. Candles may not be the best idea so consider spotlights, lanterns etc. And in keeping with these options, you’ll also need to consider a power source and a generator if power isn’t available at your venue of choice. You don’t want guests tripping around because they can’t see, especially at an outdoor event. Who knows what could be lurking in the darkness!
7. Arrange FACILITIES: there is nothing worse than a long walk to – or a long line up – when you have to use the, ahem, little boys or girls room. Make sure your venue has adequate washroom facilities – and if not, arrange for portapotties with a wash station. You should also have someone on your team responsible for keeping these cleaned and fully stocked. Sanitation is a huge part of any event and should be planned on properly.
8. SOUND Makes the Setting: when you have an event outdoors, the sound travels because it is not contained. If you have an outdoor music event, social function or even a barbeque, it’s a great idea to not only provide music that your guests or consumers will enjoy – but also have appropriate speakers to carry the music – and ambience throughout the event. Music enhances any event and can make the different between guests staying for an hour or two – or until the wee hours of the morning.
9. COMMUNICATE with your team! If you’re event is up north, there could be a risk that your cell phone(s) won’t work – or could die mid-day. To combat this concern, you could arrange for walkie-talkies or head sets to stay in regular contact with your entire team (potentially on different channels for different groups) so everyone is 100% accessible, especially in an emergency situation. Depending on where your outdoor event is located, cell phone signal may not be strong so you have to plan on back up.
10. ENTERTAIN your Guests: there are only a few short months of summer, so aim to plan an event that will entertain your guests. During the day, you may want to include inflatable games, clowns and sporting activities for kids. For the adults, you could arrange live entertainment such as a band or DJ. Fireworks are also a great enhancement but be sure you have approval and safety measures in place.
Summer comes and goes. If you’re planning an outdoor event, it is never too soon to start planning. We hope some of these tips were helpful. Please share this if you found it informative!
Tigris Personnel’s Outdoor Event Planning Services are Available at Top Locations including Calgary, AB | Vancouver, BC & Toronto, ON. For a free, no-obligation quote on how we can help you plan your next outdoor event, call us at 416.283.9119.
Marketing and Promotions Program Kicks Off With a Bang!
Marketing and promotions with a focus on sampling provides consumers with a trial experience that is guided, memorable but above all, relevant to placing your product in the hands of your target market. A goal of any marketing and promotions program should be education, engagement and experience parlayed from the taster to the customer.
Established in 1929 as an open air market and later purchased in 1986 by Carmen Trimarchi and partner Brian Johns, Vince’s Market has since developed into a prestigious brand known for quality produce, bakery, meat and deli. The independent grocer launched their own line of all natural Coterie products (pronounced “Koh-ter-ie”) in 2012. With so many available options on the shelf, they discovered their amazing products were being overlooked in favour of more familiar name brands – and hence, decided to launch a marketing and promotions program.
In order to gain more brand exposure – and ultimately higher sales, the owners of Vince’s Market reached out to Tigris to help with a marketing and promotions strategy. The six-month sampling campaign officially kicked off on Mar. 9 and will run every weekend until mid October. A team of temporary sales staff will be sampling everything from Coterie sauces and salsas to spice rubs and dressings at the stores located in Newmarket, Sharon and Uxbridge.
The primary goal of this six-month, in-store marketing and promotions program is to:
1) EDUCATE the consumer about how to read food labels properly, why Coterie’s all-natural line is not only healthier but also tastes better, and what the point of difference is
2) ENGAGE customers during their shopping in a friendly, professional way to best represent Coterie/Vince’s Markets while facilitating the interaction in a positive way
3) Give customers a unique brand EXPERIENCE by sampling the products, getting it into their hands and also signing them up for Coterie Club to receive amazing deals 1-2x per week.
All Coterie products are branded “Go Natural” to offer customers tasty, nutritious choices – with family, the community and environment all in mind! Foods with this label include one or more of the following criteria:
* Whole foods: Foods that are un-processed and close to their original state
* Chemical-free: Food free of chemicals like additives, preservatives and by-products
* Local: From local farms and family businesses, supporting the local economy and the environment
* Organic: Foods that are certified organic, supporting your health and organic agriculture
From Great Food to Marketing and Promotions, Vince’s Market Takes Care of their Customers!
Aside from sampling and sales, a secondary objective for this marketing and promotions campaign is to sign up customers up to Vince’s Market “Coterie Club”. Coterie Club offers members weekly promotional coupons, free products and community offers such as tickets to local events via text message.
Unlike many other programs, Coterie Club is completely free and the rewards are real! To register, customers are only asked for their cell phone number so, no personal information, no soliciting and no hassle! Upon sign up, customers have two options to print their coupon: in-store or at home. After signing-up, they also receive a special “Super Hot Offer” as a thank-you for participating (e.g. 4L of filtered milk for the month of March). Now that’s an amazing way to tie in marketing and promotions to benefit your brand – and more importantly – your customers.
We’re excited to work alongside such a health-conscious brand and look forward to what the remainder of the marketing and promotions program “has in store”!! Our goal over the next 6 months is to distribute more than 10,000 samples, increase sales by at least 50% and triple the number of Coterie Club members. We’ll circle back with an update on our successes come October.
Tigris Temporary Sales Staff are available at top locations including Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON. Call us at 416.283.9119 for a free no-obligation quote for your next Marketing and Promotions campaign.